Besides being one of the famous spots for spring break, there are many fun facts about Daytona Beach Fl. If you are thinking about visiting the city, here are some fun and interesting things that you should know.
• The whole area of Daytona Beach consists of white sandy beaches stretching to about 23 miles. People have unregulated access to the beaches at any time of the day or night. You can always go to the boardwalk, visit the shore and pick up shells as well as any other activities you might be interested in.
• Since 1920, Daytona Beach has been crowned the most famous beach in the world. It has been featured in numerous movies and TV shows over time.
• The original inhabitants of Daytona Beach were the Timucuan Indians who became extinct in the 18th century.
• In the year 1902, the beach hosted the first motorcycle and automobile races, a tradition that continues to date, happening every March.
• There are certain areas of the beach where cars are permitted to drive at a fee. The speed limit is very low, at 10mph. Rather than driving around the beach, you can always opt to park your car and play in the water. If possible, you can opt to take a slow and leisurely drive around the permitted areas and enjoy your visit to the famous beach.
What Can You Do When In Daytona Beach?
1. Go To The Daytona Beach Boardwalk
The boardwalk came into existence in 1938 and has since blended with the beach areas to provide a relaxing and comfortable experience for anyone visiting the area. Here you can find various forms of entertainment and attractions that will help you take the edge off.
2. Museums Of Arts And Sciences
Present in Daytona Beach, this is one of the largest museums in Central Florida. It has over 30,000 items which include early American furniture, Chinese art, Florida history displays, Cuban art and much more. The museum was opened in 2008 and it receives thousands and thousands of visitors every year.
3. The Beach
If you are visiting Daytona Beach with you family, friends or alone, you can always take a relaxing session at the beach. There are pavilions, restrooms, picnic areas and many more places in and out of the white sandy beaches that are bound to make your visit memorable. Therefore, take your time off from work and visit the magnificent Daytona Beach, for these and more activities.